A tuition-free K-12 public school  
Grand Traverse Academy - Home


Start here.

Apply for financial aid!  To apply for federal student aid for college or career school and for most state and institutional aid, you must complete and submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) each year that you attend.  The quickest way to apply is online, using FAFSA on the Web at www.fafsa.ed.gov, beginning October1 of each year.  Find tips to completing the FAFSA application at https://blog.ed.gov/2018/09/8-steps-to-filling-out-the-fafsa-form-2/.

Before beginning the FAFSA, you should apply for a FAFSA ID at  https://fsaid.ed.gov.  The ID will allow you to sign your FAFSA electronically and, later, to access your processed FAFSA online.

Go further!

Financial aid offices use information from the FAFSA to determine if you are eligible for different types of federal student aid, such as grants, loans and work-study.  So be sure to fill out a FAFSA, even if you think you won't qualify.