A tuition-free K-12 public school  
Grand Traverse Academy - Home


Do you wish to participate in NCAA athletics?

The first step is to be certified by the NCAA Elegibility Center.  You will need to qualify academically and to be cleared as an amateur student-athlete.

You are responsible for achieving and protecting your eligibility status!

Checklist for college-bound student-athletes:
  1. Register with the NCAA Eligibility Center at the beginning of your junior year at www.eligibilitycenter.org.
  2. Complete the registration process.
  3. Ask your high school guuidance counselor to send your transcript to the eligibility Center at the end of your junior year.
  4. Take the ACT or SAT and use the code "9999" to have your official schores sent directly to the Eligibility Center.
  5. Check with your guidance counselor to make sure you are on track to graduate on time with your class and have the required amount of core courses.
  6. Request final amateurism certification durilng your senior year (beginning April 1 for fall enrollees and October 1 for spring enrollees).
  7. Ask your high school guidance counselor to submit your final transcript with proof of graduation.

NCAA Eligibility Center
P.O. Box 7136
Indianapolis, IN  46207-7136
(317) 223-0700
(877) 262-1492